SAILMAKING TASTER DAYS AT THE LOFT
Come and join us at our loft in Cowes and enjoy one of our Sailmaking Taster Days.
Saturday 2nd March, 10am - 3pm - FULLY BOOKED
Saturday 7th September, 10am - 3pm - Tickets available
These days are a great opportunity to spend time with some of the most experienced sailmakers in the world and be guided through all stages of making a sail.
Small groups of like-minded enthusiasts will be taken through a brief history of Ratsey and Lapthorn, the oldest sailmaker in the world. We will open our extensive archive to our guests showing detailed sail plans from the most famous yachts in the world.
We will give insight into every stage of making a sail from:
- Designing and shaping a sail, choosing the right fabrics and type of construction.
- We will also offer practical tips to repairing a torn sails whist afloat.
- How to hand sew a worked ring.
- Understanding how to build a sail from a roll of cloth.
- Plus, you will be let loose on an industrial sailmaking machine.
The cost of the day is £125 per person, a sandwich lunch is provided in the loft where we can all get to know each other. Tea and cake in the afternoon.
Everyone leaves with some of their handiwork to take home be it a small Ratsey bag a sail corner or a small repair to their own sail.
This really is the most enjoyable experience for those that enjoy sails and sailing and for those that think they’d like to give it a try!
To book call Steve on 01983 294051 or email email@example.com.